Adding a Fitted Nose to Your Mask – Whitney Sews

I’m sharing a quick and easy way to create a fitted nose on a mask you already own or want to make. This can be done by machine or by hand sewing with very few supplies.

You can watch my Sew & Chat to see how I make my pleated masks from start to finish –

Want to help cover the cost of mask supplies so I can donate even more? You can do so by donating here –

Or you can help by shopping through my Amazon affiliate links –
Craft Clips –
Some of my other favorite supplies –

I also share day to day updates on my . stories –

Subscribe for more Whitney Sews tutorials –

Sew Your Stash Facebook Group –

In background:
Fabric Bunting –

**Find more tutorials and patterns at **

Website-
Whitney Sews facebook-
Personal channel-
Pinterest –

#whitneysews #happysewing #sewcialdistancing

star wars gift ideas diy

41 thoughts on “Adding a Fitted Nose to Your Mask – Whitney Sews

1. Kirsten Buster says:

Hello. I'm not a sewer but I'd like to donate some money to help you buy supplies. How can I do that? Hope you can answer somehow. I'm not real computer savey.

2. Pritesh Govindji says:

My spectacles have been fogging up for MONTHS, and yet I never thought about adapting the cloth masks that I have. I'm not very good at sowing, but I will give it a go. 👍🏾🖖🏾

3. wdwnutjm says:

GREAT idea!!!! (also love that Star Wars fabric) I have been making some but have been wanting to add the nose bridge (yup, I wear glasses). I've been adding elastic around the bottom so the mask can hang around my neck when I'm not wearing it (as opposed to sticking in my pocket or purse or something)

4. Lynnette Silver says:

So glad to find your clever method of adding pipe cleaner nose shaping to masks already made. I have many completed masks, and have been looking for an easy way to add pipe cleaners – thank you so much!!

5. marie chance says:

Great idea, and video. Do you have a pattern for making masks with beard enclosures. Men with long beards , 6 to 8 inches beyond their chin, need a cover or enclosure to keep them safe toi. Thanks for your efforts and donations .

6. Cecilia Kirby says:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I made masks and used nose pieces made of aluminum. I didn't know they would break. Now I want to take them out and replace them with stainless steel. This is a great way to do that! Thank you again!

7. DrKate L. says:

I’m very late to the mask-making party because I had a good supply of surgical masks I could use, but I always knew the day would come when I’d need to start making them. Although I have a sewing machine, I am not an experienced seamstress. The nose wire has been my biggest challenge. I’ve tried several methods but haven’t loved any of them. I think your method is going to be the winner! I really appreciate you (and all the others) who have been making & donating masks plus teaching others how to make them for themselves. Stay healthy! 😎🙏🏼❤️

8. DaBlondDude says:

Clever, thanks for sharing .. I also haven't even done an awkward stitch with a needle in years so I'll have to look up what these stitches are lol. As someone who wears glasses, I may measure that ribbon to be sure it presses completely down the sides of the nose to keep the glasses from fogging.